Strange: GPO for IE proxy setting incidentally seems to ch..

I've applied \User Configuaration\Internet Explorer
Maintenance\Connection -> Proxy Settings policy to my Win2k/WinXP machines.
I didn't touch url or home settings for IE. Currently I have no policy that
sets URL for users, they are doing this manually.

The problem is that upon logon, clients are complaining that their default
home page has been changed, reverting back to a page that no longer is
available in my company.

Any known issue about this ?

Here is something to look at:

320159 Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320159

Buz Brodin
MCSE NT4 / Win2K
Microsoft Enterprise Domain Support