Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is the best hardware for the ultimate gaming experience

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 14, 2007 4:10:29 AM

I want to know what graphics card do I need,processor,motherboard,hard disk to have the best gaming experience for nwn2,oblivion, half life2!!! i want to put all the settings of the game to high !! and no laaaag. and i need alot of GB space :lol: 
January 14, 2007 4:35:32 AM

My specs:
Motherboard: Intel 975XBX
Video Card: EVGA 8800GTX
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 stock 2.6ghz (oced to 3.3ghz)
RAM: 4gb OCZ Gold DDR2 running at 667
HDD: 2x150 Raptors RAID 0
HDD: 320WD Caviar
DVD: 2 Samsung DVDRW+Litescribe

Motherboard is as stable as they come and has the best onboard sound but does lack some features of some other high end boards.

With this setup you can run any game on max settings. I play BF2142 maxed out and the frames dont drop below 80 even when your in a huge group of people.
January 14, 2007 4:48:58 AM

You don't need all that much to run those games at acceptable framerates. HL2, especially, scales well. You could probably get away with a C2D 6400, 1-2gb Corsair Valueram, ASUS p5b Deluxe (or equivalent Intel 965 motherboard), and a 7900gs.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2007 5:50:58 AM

you dont really need the best there is.
except for oblivion or f.s.x.

and the best isnt out yet for f.s.x. :wink:
January 14, 2007 6:33:27 AM

:idea:
xbox 360 is the fastest hardware for playing big titles at high resolution without a hickup. it has all the advanced visual quality support and is way cheaper than the highest end PC and PS3. If you mean PC for other tasks rather than gaming then the highest end graphics upgrade is not recommended.
January 14, 2007 7:29:35 AM

Quote:
:idea:
xbox 360 is the fastest hardware for playing big titles at high resolution without a hickup. it has all the advanced visual quality support and is way cheaper than the highest end PC and PS3. If you mean PC for other tasks rather than gaming then the highest end graphics upgrade is not recommended.


You mean just like Quake4 and CoD2 :roll:
Both the Xbox360 and the PS3 are BEHIND the graphics hardware on the PC.
(which is simmilar to a 7800GTX on the specs)
And don't even get me started on the weak CPU's in the consoles...
Thank you Sony/Microsoft for spewing USELESS GFlops numbers and starting the trend amoing the uneducated that the highest GFLops number is the best :roll:

Terra - Reality bites...
January 14, 2007 7:30:29 AM

You certainly don't need 4GB of ram...put the $$ towards a video card or cpu

-The String
January 14, 2007 8:27:00 AM

Intel core two extreme QX6700 Kentsfield processor
Asus striker extreme motherboard
4GB corsair dominator ram
2 x 8800GTX sli graphics cards
2 x 150gb raptors AID0 + 500GB HDD for storage


next time put a price range :x
January 14, 2007 9:35:13 AM

Quote:
I want to know what graphics card do I need,processor,motherboard,hard disk to have the best gaming experience for nwn2,oblivion, half life2!!! i want to put all the settings of the game to high !! and no laaaag. and i need alot of GB space :lol: 


can u wait till april bcuz there will be more c2d chips comming out,

e6550 (1333mhz fsb, 4mb L2 Cache)
Any ICH9 mobo (go for an sli mobo)
8800GTX (sli graphic card)
2GB xms rams
Western Digital 250gbx2 SATA

(also buy a artic freezer 7 pro if ocing)
January 14, 2007 9:39:11 AM

Quote:
Intel core two extreme QX6700 Kentsfield processor
Asus striker extreme motherboard
4GB corsair dominator ram
2 x 8800GTX sli graphics cards
2 x 150gb raptors AID0 + 500GB HDD for storage


next time put a price range :x


hey Yas dnt go for a quadcore its price is too high now and in april it will be abt 563$ only... its a huge price drop and better take a c2d bcuz 2cores are hardly utilized. better tell ur budjet Alden.
January 14, 2007 11:19:29 AM

Thank you for sharing your specs! RTS games are really big and have a huge amount of units! do you think with your specs it will not laag? plus all the video settings are maxxed :? I just want to be sure :lol: 
January 14, 2007 11:31:22 AM

ofcourse it will not lag which processor are u going wid go wid e6700 bcuz e6550 will be comming out in april, and buy a extreme striker mobo by asus, and 2gb xms ram and 8800gtx
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2007 1:50:38 PM

Quote:
:idea:
xbox 360 is the fastest hardware for playing big titles at high resolution without a hickup. it has all the advanced visual quality support and is way cheaper than the highest end PC and PS3. If you mean PC for other tasks rather than gaming then the highest end graphics upgrade is not recommended.


xbox360 at high resolutions is the worst.
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2007 2:20:24 PM

Quote:
:idea:
xbox 360 is the fastest hardware for playing big titles at high resolution without a hickup. it has all the advanced visual quality support and is way cheaper than the highest end PC and PS3. If you mean PC for other tasks rather than gaming then the highest end graphics upgrade is not recommended.

:roll:
January 14, 2007 2:52:37 PM

Quote:
I want to know what graphics card do I need,processor,motherboard,hard disk to have the best gaming experience for nwn2,oblivion, half life2!!! i want to put all the settings of the game to high !! and no laaaag. and i need alot of GB space :lol: 



Try Dell.com They offer Excellent support in the gaming field :lol: 
January 14, 2007 4:48:08 PM

You'l never see better IQ or power on a console. E.O.S. Ofcouse, thats another 25 page forum :roll:

Since you have won a lotto, just go to newegg.com and add each highest priced component to your shopping cart. :wink:
January 14, 2007 6:28:35 PM

Or give Falcon Northwest or Voodoo a call and have them build something for you thats over the top. Since money is not a issue apparently :D 
January 14, 2007 7:32:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your specs! RTS games are really big and have a huge amount of units! do you think with your specs it will not laag? plus all the video settings are maxxed :? I just want to be sure :lol: 


Well my rig definately wont lag on you :lol: 

Quote:
hey Yas dnt go for a quadcore its price is too high now and in april it will be abt 563$ only... its a huge price drop and better take a c2d bcuz 2cores are hardly utilized. better tell ur budjet Alden.


Wow thats good 8O might get one myself :twisted:
!