how to allow gpedit to run using "run only allowed apps.."

hi, i'm trying to set some policies for the local computer
using gpedit.. i modified "Run only allowed Windows
applications" and add in iexplorer.exe and gpedit.msc.
after applying the policy, all other apps cannot be run
(which is intended) except internet explorer, but so does
gpedit!! i need to enable gpedit to be able to run, but
addding "gpedit.msc" in the "Run only allowed Windows
applications" doesn't seem to work. any ideas? i'm
configuring a standalone pc, it's on a workgroup but not
on any domain. the "Run only allowed Windows applications"
is useful wen i hav guests and i only let them use
internet explorer.. but i need to change back to default
later on, and dat's where i'm stuck.. gpedit also cannot
be run. any help appreciated. thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about gpedit allowed apps

    Did you deny excess to an administrator from reading and
    writing in Group Policy folder? If not,

    Can you even do Start -> Programs -> command prompt. If
    you do, when Command Prompt running, type gpedit.msc

    Hong

    I believe you need to add mmc.exe to the allowed apps list. You might try
    modifying Group Policy from another computer on the network using mmc.exe in
    the run box and then select Group Policy - other computer. The link below
    details a registry chnage that may also help you out. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;it;263166

    "foxxkat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i'm trying to set some policies for the local computer
    > using gpedit.. i modified "Run only allowed Windows
    > applications" and add in iexplorer.exe and gpedit.msc.
    > after applying the policy, all other apps cannot be run
    > (which is intended) except internet explorer, but so does
    > gpedit!! i need to enable gpedit to be able to run, but
    > addding "gpedit.msc" in the "Run only allowed Windows
    > applications" doesn't seem to work. any ideas? i'm
    > configuring a standalone pc, it's on a workgroup but not
    > on any domain. the "Run only allowed Windows applications"
    > is useful wen i hav guests and i only let them use
    > internet explorer.. but i need to change back to default
    > later on, and dat's where i'm stuck.. gpedit also cannot
    > be run. any help appreciated. thanks

Internet Explorer Windows