Policy Not Applied After Granting Admin Rights

bill

I gave a user admin rights for his domain account using Control Panel, User Accounts to allow installation of a legacy app. Even though I put him back in the Powers Users group, Group Policy is not being applied to his account. There is no local account of the same name. What gives?

GPOs have nothing to do with the domain user account's privilege on the
computer they log on to. Most of the time, the domain user account has NO
membership on the groups on the local SAM.

Were you dealing with the Local SAM user account? If so, local users are not
affected by GPOs.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net