Policy Not Applied After Granting Admin Rights

I gave a user admin rights for his domain account using Control Panel, User Accounts to allow installation of a legacy app. Even though I put him back in the Powers Users group, Group Policy is not being applied to his account. There is no local account of the same name. What gives?
1 answer Last reply
More about policy applied granting admin rights

    GPOs have nothing to do with the domain user account's privilege on the
    computer they log on to. Most of the time, the domain user account has NO
    membership on the groups on the local SAM.

    Were you dealing with the Local SAM user account? If so, local users are not
    affected by GPOs.

    --
    Derek Melber
    BrainCore.Net
    "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I gave a user admin rights for his domain account using Control Panel,
    User Accounts to allow installation of a legacy app. Even though I put him
    back in the Powers Users group, Group Policy is not being applied to his
    account. There is no local account of the same name. What gives?

Policy Microsoft Windows