installing over botched install, need help

Last response: in Video Games
June 5, 2004 11:55:34 PM

Situation:
During installation of NWN gold, somewhere on third disk install the
electricity went out momentarily. Well I try to install NWN and it tries to
uninstall previous install to no avail, can't seem to get rid of an
installshield ini file. Any suggestions as I really want to play this game.
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 4:16:17 AM

"Lee Haught" <lhaught@charter.net> wrote in message
> Situation:
> During installation of NWN gold, somewhere on third disk install the
> electricity went out momentarily. Well I try to install NWN and it tries
> uninstall previous install to no avail, can't seem to get rid of an
> installshield ini file. Any suggestions as I really want to play this
game.

have you gone to the add/remove programs in control panel?
Just deleting the entire NWN folder?
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 6:27:51 PM

Lee Haught wrote:
> Situation:
> During installation of NWN gold, somewhere on third disk install the
> electricity went out momentarily. Well I try to install NWN and it
> tries to uninstall previous install to no avail, can't seem to get
> rid of an installshield ini file. Any suggestions as I really want to
> play this game.

You will probably have to remove the aborted installation manually. To do
this, it's necessary to look at 3 places:

a) The registry. With Regedit, start a search for "Neverwinter" and delete
the entries you find.

b) The (hidden) folder "InstallShield Installation Information" in your
programs folder. Inside this, you may find a subfolder
{7C503E58-B2BC-11D5-978A-0050BA84F5F7} which you should delete.

c) It may also help to clean up the temp folders.

HTH
Hans
!