installing over botched install, need help

Situation:
During installation of NWN gold, somewhere on third disk install the
electricity went out momentarily. Well I try to install NWN and it tries to
uninstall previous install to no avail, can't seem to get rid of an
installshield ini file. Any suggestions as I really want to play this game.
2 answers Last reply
More about installing botched install help

    "Lee Haught" <lhaught@charter.net> wrote in message
    > Situation:
    > During installation of NWN gold, somewhere on third disk install the
    > electricity went out momentarily. Well I try to install NWN and it tries
    > uninstall previous install to no avail, can't seem to get rid of an
    > installshield ini file. Any suggestions as I really want to play this
    game.

    have you gone to the add/remove programs in control panel?
    Just deleting the entire NWN folder?

    Lee Haught wrote:
    > Situation:
    > During installation of NWN gold, somewhere on third disk install the
    > electricity went out momentarily. Well I try to install NWN and it
    > tries to uninstall previous install to no avail, can't seem to get
    > rid of an installshield ini file. Any suggestions as I really want to
    > play this game.

    You will probably have to remove the aborted installation manually. To do
    this, it's necessary to look at 3 places:

    a) The registry. With Regedit, start a search for "Neverwinter" and delete
    the entries you find.

    b) The (hidden) folder "InstallShield Installation Information" in your
    programs folder. Inside this, you may find a subfolder
    {7C503E58-B2BC-11D5-978A-0050BA84F5F7} which you should delete.

    c) It may also help to clean up the temp folders.

    HTH
    Hans

Installshield Games Video Games