Tangent Pop Up

I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?
5 answers Last reply
More about tangent

    On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:25:49 -0500, Lisa wrote:

    > I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
    > load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?

    If the game is listed there, yes, you can use Add/Remove Programs to
    uninstall it. If the game fails to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs, you
    might try reinstalling and then uninstalling it. Restart the computer and
    run your anti-spyware program one more time to be sure all of the Wild
    Tangent components were removed too.

    Did you recently run anti-spyware software and allow it to remove Wild
    Tangent components? If yes, that is one possible explanation for the
    startup message that you're seeing. There are some games that use portions
    of Wild Tangent with their online game play.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message

    > I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
    > load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?

    Was this maybe "Wild Tangent"? I have an old HP computer that came loaded
    with several games from Wild Tangent (Blasterball, etc). They use some
    services that are loaded at startup, and I think are intended more for those
    who play games over the net.

    My computer had two directories (...\WildTangent and ...\wt), and in ...\wt
    there was a text file _uninstall giving directions on how to remove their
    stuff. I forget what I did exactly, but basically followed instructions and
    removed everything to a different directory and have had no problems. You
    could also check their website

    http://support.wildgames.com/

    near the bottom of the FAQ are
    - Is WildTangent spyware?
    - How do I uninstall your software?

    Yes, Sharon I run Adaware every morning. Thanks for the info!

    > On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:25:49 -0500, Lisa wrote:
    >
    >> I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
    >> load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?
    >
    > If the game is listed there, yes, you can use Add/Remove Programs to
    > uninstall it. If the game fails to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs,
    > you
    > might try reinstalling and then uninstalling it. Restart the computer and
    > run your anti-spyware program one more time to be sure all of the Wild
    > Tangent components were removed too.
    >
    > Did you recently run anti-spyware software and allow it to remove Wild
    > Tangent components? If yes, that is one possible explanation for the
    > startup message that you're seeing. There are some games that use portions
    > of Wild Tangent with their online game play.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks for the info!

    "ggull" <ggullSPAM@NOTrcn.com> wrote in message
    > "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
    >> load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?
    >
    > Was this maybe "Wild Tangent"? I have an old HP computer that came loaded
    > with several games from Wild Tangent (Blasterball, etc). They use some
    > services that are loaded at startup, and I think are intended more for
    > those
    > who play games over the net.
    >
    > My computer had two directories (...\WildTangent and ...\wt), and in
    > ...\wt
    > there was a text file _uninstall giving directions on how to remove their
    > stuff. I forget what I did exactly, but basically followed instructions
    > and
    > removed everything to a different directory and have had no problems. You
    > could also check their website
    >
    > http://support.wildgames.com/
    >
    > near the bottom of the FAQ are
    > - Is WildTangent spyware?
    > - How do I uninstall your software?

    Yes, wild tangent is an online game software which is bundled with the
    HP/Compaq PCs, you may safely uninstall this program if found listed in
    add/remove programs. You may also like to visit the below site:
    http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml

    --
    HTH
    Meena
    "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message

    > I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
    > load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?

Games Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP