Tangent Pop Up

a b α HP
February 4, 2005 1:25:49 PM

I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?

More about : tangent pop

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 4, 2005 1:25:50 PM

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:25:49 -0500, Lisa wrote:

> I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
> load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?

If the game is listed there, yes, you can use Add/Remove Programs to
uninstall it. If the game fails to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs, you
might try reinstalling and then uninstalling it. Restart the computer and
run your anti-spyware program one more time to be sure all of the Wild
Tangent components were removed too.

Did you recently run anti-spyware software and allow it to remove Wild
Tangent components? If yes, that is one possible explanation for the
startup message that you're seeing. There are some games that use portions
of Wild Tangent with their online game play.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message

> I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
> load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?

Was this maybe "Wild Tangent"? I have an old HP computer that came loaded
with several games from Wild Tangent (Blasterball, etc). They use some
services that are loaded at startup, and I think are intended more for those
who play games over the net.

My computer had two directories (...\WildTangent and ...\wt), and in ...\wt
there was a text file _uninstall giving directions on how to remove their
stuff. I forget what I did exactly, but basically followed instructions and
removed everything to a different directory and have had no problems. You
could also check their website

http://support.wildgames.com/

near the bottom of the FAQ are
- Is WildTangent spyware?
- How do I uninstall your software?
a b α HP
February 4, 2005 2:42:27 PM

Yes, Sharon I run Adaware every morning. Thanks for the info!

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:25:49 -0500, Lisa wrote:
>
>> I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
>> load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?
>
> If the game is listed there, yes, you can use Add/Remove Programs to
> uninstall it. If the game fails to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs,
> you
> might try reinstalling and then uninstalling it. Restart the computer and
> run your anti-spyware program one more time to be sure all of the Wild
> Tangent components were removed too.
>
> Did you recently run anti-spyware software and allow it to remove Wild
> Tangent components? If yes, that is one possible explanation for the
> startup message that you're seeing. There are some games that use portions
> of Wild Tangent with their online game play.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 4, 2005 2:43:02 PM

Thanks for the info!

"ggull" <ggullSPAM@NOTrcn.com> wrote in message
news:o eSDjLtCFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have an HP and I get a pop up on start up staying a Tangent Game cannot
>> load. Can I safely remove this in Add/Remove programs?
>
> Was this maybe "Wild Tangent"? I have an old HP computer that came loaded
> with several games from Wild Tangent (Blasterball, etc). They use some
> services that are loaded at startup, and I think are intended more for
> those
> who play games over the net.
>
> My computer had two directories (...\WildTangent and ...\wt), and in
> ...\wt
> there was a text file _uninstall giving directions on how to remove their
> stuff. I forget what I did exactly, but basically followed instructions
> and
> removed everything to a different directory and have had no problems. You
> could also check their website
>
> http://support.wildgames.com/
>
> near the bottom of the FAQ are
> - Is WildTangent spyware?
> - How do I uninstall your software?

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 5, 2005 1:11:17 AM

Yes, wild tangent is an online game software which is bundled with the
HP/Compaq PCs, you may safely uninstall this program if found listed in
add/remove programs. You may also like to visit the below site:
http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml

--
HTH
Meena