Windows Installer - Access Denied

carrie

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I am unable to run windows installer. when I run
services.msc and start the installer from there, I get the
following error message "Could not start windows installer
on local computer. Error 5, Access denied." In the
registry, following the microsoft knowledge base article
227181 I could not find the following registration key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Insta
ller I created the value name AlwaysInstallElevated and
the value data REG_DWORD but have not yet rebooted my
computer (mainly out of fear) I am logged into windows
under administrator
..

This must be set in the MACHINE node as well to be applied.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Carrie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I am unable to run windows installer. when I run
> services.msc and start the installer from there, I get the
> following error message "Could not start windows installer
> on local computer. Error 5, Access denied." In the
> registry, following the microsoft knowledge base article
> 227181 I could not find the following registration key:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Insta
> ller I created the value name AlwaysInstallElevated and
> the value data REG_DWORD but have not yet rebooted my
> computer (mainly out of fear) I am logged into windows
> under administrator
> .

carrie

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

and how do I go about accomplishing this?

You can use Group Policy Windows Settings\Windows Components\Windows
Installer