How to deploy WinZip in GPO

Hi,
WInZip does not come with an MSI file, it only comes as a
self-extracting file that exrtacts ifself to a temp folder
then lunches the setup.exe file.

How can I deploy an application (in this case WinZip)
through my GPO for an application that does not have an
MSI file?

How can I create this "MAGICAL" MST or ZAP file? and how
can I use it if my GPO gives me only MSI files to
assign/public?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about deploy winzip

    "Ihab Abedrabbo" <ihab17@hotmail.com> said

    > Hi,
    > WInZip does not come with an MSI file, it only comes as a
    > self-extracting file that exrtacts ifself to a temp folder
    > then lunches the setup.exe file.
    >
    > How can I deploy an application (in this case WinZip)
    > through my GPO for an application that does not have an
    > MSI file?
    >
    > How can I create this "MAGICAL" MST or ZAP file? and how
    > can I use it if my GPO gives me only MSI files to
    > assign/public?

    You don't really need a GPO to deploy Winzip.
    Just install it to a network share then create a login script as follows:

    if exist "c:\program files\winzip\*" goto Done
    <server>\<share>\WinZip\WinZip.exe /autoinstall
    :Done

    The only other thing you may want to do as a startup script within a GPO is
    to create a shortcut in the All Users folder (copy it from a shared location)
    as, by default, Winzip only creates it for the current user.

    Andy.

Winzip Windows MSI-Microstar