Recomendations for 1 GB Micron D9GMH or D9GKX Memory Modules

phogstenjr

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
Hello,

I am a newbie in building a PC (I was recently laid off and am going back to school for my Cisco Certified Network Associate certificate (just started CCNA 3 at Oakland CC’s Cisco Academy) and for a CIS associates degree (thanks to Michigan Works)! Therefore, I don’t have much more money to spend on my system (actually I wouldn’t have any if all my schooling wasn’t covered by a Pell Grant). I apologies for going into my personal life here, I am just venting I guess. Any way here is my configuration so far; Antec Nine Hundred case w/ Ultra XVS Modular 500W ATX Power Supply, Asus P5B-E Motherboard, Intel 2 Dual Core 2 6300 processor, PNY 8800GTS, WD 160 GB SATA Hard Drive (8GB & 150MB/sec DTR), and a whopping 256 MB of PNY DDR2 memory.

I will be purchasing a 2 GB kit of hopefully Micron D9GMH or D9GKX this week if I can find a good deal. I missed this one; Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1000 - BL2KIT12864AL1005 for $271.00 at Newegg (all sold out).
o http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/promo010907in/Memory/index.html?CMP=EMC-PR-Bigsaving-I-010907&ATT=Memory

Any advice would be helpful? By the way my B5B-e is revision 1.01 so I will only be able to over clock my memory with 2.2 volts versus 2.4 (I believe that this is the case any way).

Paul

G

Good luck with the CCNA, got mine and will probly do a few other certs after my College Degree, also worked for Cisco as an intern recently...

Here is a great thread that is updated pretty regularly, that's how I decided to go with my FireStix, not quite sure they're GMH, and not that successfull at removing the spreader so far...