good morning.
when i start windows i have all these little programs that startup in the
right bottom corner of the screen. i don't mind norton loading but my kodak
picture perfect, quicktime, winzip and more all load when i turn the computer
on.

how do i stop these programs from doing this ? i 've been searching through
help all mornnig and cannot figure it out.

thanks
michael.

michael b wrote:
> good morning.
> when i start windows i have all these little programs that startup in the
> right bottom corner of the screen. i don't mind norton loading but my kodak
> picture perfect, quicktime, winzip and more all load when i turn the computer
> on.
>
> how do i stop these programs from doing this ? i 've been searching through
> help all mornnig and cannot figure it out.
>
> thanks
> michael.

Right click on each icon. Look for properties or options
or something similar. open it and look for something concerning
these will load at startup also. As a last resort click start >run>
type msconfig. Uncheck the programs you don't want to load at startup.

gls858

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On04/02/2005 gls858 <gls858@yahoo.com>wrote:
>michael b wrote:
>> good morning.
>> when i start windows i have all these little programs that startup in the
>> right bottom corner of the screen. i don't mind norton loading but my kodak
>> picture perfect, quicktime, winzip and more all load when i turn the
computer
>> on.
>>
>> how do i stop these programs from doing this ? i 've been searching through
>> help all mornnig and cannot figure it out.
>>
>> thanks
>> michael.
>>

>Right click on each icon. Look for properties or options
>or something similar. open it and look for something concerning
>these will load at startup also. As a last resort click start >run>
>type msconfig. Uncheck the programs you don't want to load at startup.
>
>gls858

If there's no setting in the program and it's not in the startup folder, the
best course of action is to take it out of the registry. gls858 suggests
using msconfig, but I would recommend against that. The reason is that
msconfig was never meant to be permanent, it's for temporarily disabling
selected programs from starting for troubleshooting purposes. Anywho, open
the run dialog, and type "regedit." Expand hkey_local_machine -> software ->
microsoft -> windows -> currentversion -> run. Here you will find programs
that will start up for every user of your computer, just delete the ones you
don't want starting in the right pane. There are also registry entries for
programs to start for the current user in hkey_current_user -> software ->
microsoft -> windows -> currentversion -> run. There are some freeware
programs out there that will do this for you, but I prefer not to install
something when I don't have to.

hi sean
thanks for the advice, i can only find quicktime
i can't find the kodak picture file or winzip or dell support alerts
and none of these programs have options to disable from windows startup
now i'm really scratching my head.

michael.