How to set Windows Classic Theme using GP

Hi,

I want to set the following settings using group policy
but I could not find the group policy settings. Please
help.

1. How to set Theme (in Display) to Windows Classic for
XP machine

2. How to display stop users from opening My Computer
properties (right click on My computer)?

Thanks for advice in advance.

Sam
3 answers Last reply
More about windows classic theme

    Hi,
    Found the following info , hope it helps
    It is in the format : Snap-in Location ---------> Settings Name

    Control Panel\Display\Desktop Themes ----- > Load a specific visual style
    file or force Windows Classic

    If u want full details refer to below link ,its a Xls file , download and
    have a look at that
    http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:XHGq9Ihl4qMJ:www.microsoft.com/WindowsX
    P/pro/techinfo/productdoc/prwo_gpss.xls++Theme++Windows+Classic++GPO+site:mi
    crosoft.com&hl=en

    Regards,
    Venkat.

    Hi ,

    I found this for ur 2nd question , remove my computer properties :
    However this is for a Windows 2000 m.c
    Download the Xls file and search for "My Computer"

    www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/techinfo/ productdoc/prwo_gpss.xls

    Regards,
    Venkat.

    Hi Venkat,

    Thanks for the advice.

    However I still could not make it work. According to the
    explanation note, to select the Windows Classic visual
    style, leave the box blank beside Path to Visual Style:
    and enable this setting.

    I left the box blank and enable the setting but it still
    did not change to windows classic. The themes under the
    Display properties in control panel\display still show
    Windows XP instead of windows classic.

    Any idea what went wrong?

    Thanks

    Sam

Policy Computers Classic Windows Displays