Computer keeps losing connection

bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
Hi there!

I am having problems with my internet connection/DSL modem. I am on Verizon DSL and my internet connection is always on (no on/off switch on the modem, though I wish it had one).

It seems every time I try to go onto the internet (clicking my IE6, etc.) I get a page that says:

“This page cannot be display

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings….blah blah blah……”

I always have to click on “Detect Network Settings,” then wait for awhile and then most of the time I get my home page and I’m on the internet again. Sometime it doesn’t work and I have to click on the “Detect Network Settings” again. Sometimes during the middle of my surfing I get the same error page and I have to “detect…” again. It seems that I keep on losing the connection and it’s not the website page that I’m visiting. Why do I have to keep on “detecting my internet connection,” etc.????? Also when I check my email, or use a program that requires the internet, it give me an error that says there is no internet connection…..but there IS a connection. All my DSL modem lights are on , power, link, data, etc. Please help….

My computer is on XP and my DSL modem is a Fujitsu Speedport from Verizon, and it’s connected to a US Robotics Broadband Router. There is nothing wrong with my connection equipment setup, I double checked. Another computer on this router is always connected to the internet with no problem. Just my good computer that keeps on losing the connection that is having this problem..

Thanks in advance.

Grand_Witch

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
I am getting a similar problem I have to click on repair connection on my connection icon (I use a network modem netgear DM602) This has only just started happenning. I have checked my ine and I am sure it is not that.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

riser

Illustrious
I had this problem, here's the fix.
call up your ISP, tell them what's going on, let them give you the run around. nono..
ok, you need your information ripped and rebuilt on their Routers. Here's how you get that done; You need to get to their Tier 2 support, from their, they need to get the Tier 3 guys to call you back (because they can't transfer you to them) and that Tier 3 guy has the number that leads directly to an office somewhere else in the country. This guy will be able to rip/rebuild the company's routers (he'll only need to rip your information out and rebuild your information in the router, takes 2 minutes, isn't that sweet?)which should restore your constant connection. It took me almost 3 months to get this resolved. Good luck!

Riser