Connect an MX 518 to the G15's USB port

Shap

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004
Hi,

I've decided on switching my Logitech LX 700 set. I've more or less decided on getting the G15 keyboard but I'm having a hard time picking a mouse.

I thought about getting an MX518 along with it, and I was wondering if it'd be possible to connect the mouse cord to one of the USB ports on the keyboard. The PC is on the other side of the room and I prefer to only run one 15 feet USB extension cable, for the keyboard.

On a side note, I've used cordless mice exclusively for the past 10 years or so, so it's hard for me to fathom going back to a corded mouse. Can anyone suggest as an alternative a good cordless mouse with a recharging docking station (== not the G7)?

Thanks!

there is an MX 1000 that still uses fast RF and not blue tooth.....that should give you all the laser powered mouse with the fast RF that made the LX and MX 700's great.....

Just a personal opinion....Blue Tooth = The Devil

So far every 2.4 ghz device i have owned has just sucked...be it phones,mice.keyboard and joysticks/gamepads....even wireless is not that good....but at least it is not as time sensitive as a mouse/kb/gamepad.... 2,4 is just a damn nightmare......i hope we can get over this....some day...its too crowded....hell my microwave messes up phones like bad.....

And worst of all my mx 700 mouse is starting to do odd stuff :(

EDIT....

BTW the MX 518 is great.....i am gonna get my self one...or steal my girl friends :)