Need Help removing my computer and recycle bin Please help!

Al

Hello,

I need help removing my computer and recycle bin icons from desktop for my users
I dont know how to do this. Can some please help with this.

Thank you very much
al

Al,
In your group policy under "User Configuration | Administrative
Templates | Desktop" there is a setting called "Hide all icons on Desktop".
Unfortunately this hides everything, even the icons you put there and
disables any active desktop that may be set.
Instead, I left those 2 icons there and enable the settings "Hide these
specified drives in My Computer" and "Prevent access to drives from My
Computer" in "User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows
Components | Windows Explorer". However, with the "Prevent access to drives
from My Computer" setting enabled you may encounter other problems with
saving files to the local machine and if you only enable "Hide these
specified drives in My Computer" it does not prevent users from accessing
the drives in other ways, like through the IE address bar.
As far as I know those two icons and only those two icons cannot be
removed with GP.

-Scott