Policies arent applied to XP Clients

I have a Windows 2k Server Advanced DC with 10 XP cleints.
I am very new at this and to my understanding I am doing
this right. I have all my users in the Users folder under
AD Users and Group and I right clicked on the users folder
and edited my GP and set all my settings. When users logon
it only applies the settings to my DC not to the client
PCs. I am positive I am editing the Domain policy and not
the DC policy. I even tried it the otehr way around and it
didnt work. Right now I have been using batch files when
users logon to apply registry polocies for each user but
it takes too much time. Please help!
1 answer Last reply
More about policies arent applied clients

    There is no policy to edit on the default users folder, but domain policy should work
    if everything is set to default and your dns is configured correctly. Since it works
    on the dc and not the client computer there probably is a misconfiguration problem
    with the client computers. The biggest mistake people make is not to have domain
    member computers point ONLY to the dc as their preferred dns server and never an ISP
    dns server and your domain controller must point to itself. Make sure that is correct
    first. XP clients can take a couple of logon attempts to refresh user Group Policy. I
    suggest also that you first run netdiag and then dcdiag on your domain controller
    looking for any pertinent failed tests, warning, or errors especially anything listed
    as "fatal" and also run netdiag on one of the problem XP boxes looking for the same.
    Those tools are found on the install disk for the proper operating system under
    support/tools folder where you will need to run the setup there. netdiag is another
    helpful tool for seeing where Group Policy is being applied from and last time it was
    refreshed. The links below may be helpful. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B291382
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/itpro/managing/gpresults.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/groupsteps.asp

    "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Windows 2k Server Advanced DC with 10 XP cleints.
    > I am very new at this and to my understanding I am doing
    > this right. I have all my users in the Users folder under
    > AD Users and Group and I right clicked on the users folder
    > and edited my GP and set all my settings. When users logon
    > it only applies the settings to my DC not to the client
    > PCs. I am positive I am editing the Domain policy and not
    > the DC policy. I even tried it the otehr way around and it
    > didnt work. Right now I have been using batch files when
    > users logon to apply registry polocies for each user but
    > it takes too much time. Please help!

Policy Windows XP Windows