Around 55c with un-overclocked E6300

KingWaddleDee

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
now I know that these temps have to be odd. We just finished building my comp, and I'm using stock cooling. Here is what I have

Core2Duo E6300
GeForce 7900GT
Enermax 460W PSU
Corsair 2x 512mb ram
Seagate 250gb HD

Now we just built it today, and I'm on it now and downloaded core temp and currently the readings are staying around 50c for both cores, but with it not even being overclocked or anything, this HAS to be pretty high. when we put the fan in we made sure that it was solid and wouldn't jiggle so that's locked in place, although one thing worries me.....the fan on the CPU seems inconsistent with speed. It looks like it's speeding up/slowing down a bit because everynow and then I can see the fan lines when it's turning really fast, and then it'll dissapear.

We put the Arctic Silver 5 heatpaste on like the guide told us, a straight line with not too much but not too little, although we had trouble getting the points in the holes at first, and it wouldn't lock in so we had to take it off and try again. As I'm typing this both cores are a stable 50c.

here is the case I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811145065

Tomorrow we are going to get another fan to put in the back of the comp so that should create more airflow, because right now we have the one in the PSU, the one on the CPU, the one built in with the case, and the one on the videocard.

so does anyone know why it's 50c un overclocked? And does anyone know if it's too hot? I set the BIOS to give me a warning if the temp goes over 60c, so I would also like to know at what temp is it dangerous to keep running.

KingWaddleDee

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
what the hell is going on, I went to

www.warrock.net to download this game, and the temps jumped to mid 60c because of the flash animation, anyone?

wallis

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
you could start by disabling fan speed control in bios so the fan runs at full speed all the time.

if temps are still too high i would clean off all thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol then reapply and re-atatch heatsink

i did this as i thought my temps where too high.....i reapplied paste and im at the same temps as before.

TRENDING THREADS