User template

Andreas

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Hey!

I have several users using one computer. Is there a way to
create some sort of 'user template' with desktop settings
etc that I can deploy to new users instead of having to do
this manually each time? I know that I can copy a users
profile and then specify the path to the profile in the
users settings, but that will cause trouble when setting
up an outlook account for each user, because the outlook
settings are being deployed in the same path that everyone
uses.

Some sharp-eye out there with some good ideas on how to
make this easy as possible?

Thanks!

Yes a Default Network Profile can be setup in the NETLOGON share.
Because this is a new user, no local profile is found. If the computer is
part of a domain, the operating system checks if a domain wide default
profile exists in a folder named Default User on the domain controllers
NETLOGON share.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson