Just brought NWN home and made it all the way to page 5 of the manual before
I ran into my first question. I know some games run better with OpenGL. What
is the general preference for this game?

Thanks
Mox

--
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P 4, 3.0GHz 800MHz Pres.

it runs only in OpenGL, Direct3D is not even an option, Direct X is not a
renderer.

....Syn...

Vellu

NWN always uses OpenGL for graphics; there are no other options. DirectX is
used for other things though, so it too is reguired (sound, online play (I
guess) etc.)

"Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Just brought NWN home and made it all the way to page 5 of the manual
before
> I ran into my first question. I know some games run better with OpenGL.
What
> is the general preference for this game?
>
> Thanks
> Mox
>
> --
> Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
> P 4, 3.0GHz 800MHz Pres.
> 2 x 512 Corsair XMS 3200
> Asylum FX 5900 128MB
> WD 60 GB Main Drive
> Maxtor 160 GB Storage
> Sony CD\RW
> Win XP Pro
> 420 Watt PSU

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like they would have corrected the Manual
long before now.<S>

"On the Display page, you may configure the game to use either OpenGL or
DirectX, the resolution at which to play the game and which texture pack to
use."
Mox

Mox 13 wrote:
> Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like they would have corrected the
> Manual long before now.<S>

It might be corrected in the .txt file, the update to the manual. Not sure
though.

"Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Just brought NWN home and made it all the way to page 5 of the manual
before
> I ran into my first question. I know some games run better with OpenGL.
What
> is the general preference for this game?
>
> Thanks
> Mox

It is an OpenGL game only despite what the manual says, so the question is
redundant....

George Kourtesis wrote:
> "Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Just brought NWN home and made it all the way to page 5 of the
>> manual before I ran into my first question. I know some games run
>> better with OpenGL. What is the general preference for this game?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mox
>
> It is an OpenGL game only despite what the manual says, so the
> question is redundant....

Redundant?

--

John Salerno

We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> George Kourtesis wrote:
> > "Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >> Just brought NWN home and made it all the way to page 5 of the
> >> manual before I ran into my first question. I know some games run
> >> better with OpenGL. What is the general preference for this game?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Mox
> >
> > It is an OpenGL game only despite what the manual says, so the
> > question is redundant....
>
> Redundant?

Since the game only runs in OpenGL it won't run in anyother format so the
question doesn't matter. Redundant wasn't the right word