Getting USB error when plugging in a USB joystick.

I have a joystick with a USB plug that I plug into my laptop but keep getting
an error message on when I plug it in.

It works on another my desktop that also has Windows XP. In the case where
it works, the USB device doesn't even show up in the Device manager rather it
just shows up in the game controller and works perfectly.

What's wrong or different between the two machines where one picks up the
and adds the joystick without a problem and the other gives me an error
message relating to the USB?

Help please
2 answers Last reply
More about getting error plugging joystick

    You may want to take this to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    newsgroup.

    > You may want to take this to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    > newsgroup.

    ...and tell them what the error message says when you do.

Joystick USB Windows XP