Getting USB error when plugging in a USB joystick.

February 4, 2005 10:29:02 PM

I have a joystick with a USB plug that I plug into my laptop but keep getting
an error message on when I plug it in.

It works on another my desktop that also has Windows XP. In the case where
it works, the USB device doesn't even show up in the Device manager rather it
just shows up in the game controller and works perfectly.

What's wrong or different between the two machines where one picks up the
and adds the joystick without a problem and the other gives me an error
message relating to the USB?

Help please
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:48:21 PM

You may want to take this to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
newsgroup.

"Austin" <Austin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a joystick with a USB plug that I plug into my laptop but keep
>getting
> an error message on when I plug it in.
>
> It works on another my desktop that also has Windows XP. In the case
> where
> it works, the USB device doesn't even show up in the Device manager rather
> it
> just shows up in the game controller and works perfectly.
>
> What's wrong or different between the two machines where one picks up the
> and adds the joystick without a problem and the other gives me an error
> message relating to the USB?
>
> Help please
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 7:36:34 PM

> You may want to take this to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
> newsgroup.

...and tell them what the error message says when you do.
!