Google toolbar forced out of sight to right of address bar..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

There is much about loss of google toolbar in the literature but
nothing has solved my own version.

If I start by reinstalling the google toolbar, everything is fine, I
can open, close, restart and the toolbar stays in its place, below the
address bar. However, if I visit a web address or two (perhaps
certain ones in particular - I haven't yet researched that one), the
toolbar gets shunted off to the right of the address bar and all that
I can see is the google logo.

The toolbar checking situation in View is unchanged - unticking and
reticking makes no difference. The only cure is to reinstall the
toolbar.

Is this an XP problem or something else? - I never experienced it with
win98se.

Have you tried "locking the toolbar" once it is in the right place?

"John" wrote:

> There is much about loss of google toolbar in the literature but
> nothing has solved my own version.
>
> If I start by reinstalling the google toolbar, everything is fine, I
> can open, close, restart and the toolbar stays in its place, below the
> address bar. However, if I visit a web address or two (perhaps
> certain ones in particular - I haven't yet researched that one), the
> toolbar gets shunted off to the right of the address bar and all that
> I can see is the google logo.
>
> The toolbar checking situation in View is unchanged - unticking and
> reticking makes no difference. The only cure is to reinstall the
> toolbar.
>
> Is this an XP problem or something else? - I never experienced it with
> win98se.

Hi John,

Clearing the ITBarLayout helps in most cases. But, are you able to repro the
problem while visiting a certain site?

>> perhaps certain ones in particular

Can you post the URL?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"John" <nospam@plusnet.com> wrote in message
> There is much about loss of google toolbar in the literature but
> nothing has solved my own version.
>
> If I start by reinstalling the google toolbar, everything is fine, I
> can open, close, restart and the toolbar stays in its place, below the
> address bar. However, if I visit a web address or two (perhaps
> certain ones in particular - I haven't yet researched that one), the
> toolbar gets shunted off to the right of the address bar and all that
> I can see is the google logo.
>
> The toolbar checking situation in View is unchanged - unticking and
> reticking makes no difference. The only cure is to reinstall the
> toolbar.
>
> Is this an XP problem or something else? - I never experienced it with
> win98se.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have you tried "locking the toolbar" once it is in the right place?

After it disappears, it is still indicated as 'locked.'

'Clearing the ITBarLayout' I don't know about this instuction/option.