Google toolbar forced out of sight to right of address bar..

There is much about loss of google toolbar in the literature but
nothing has solved my own version.

If I start by reinstalling the google toolbar, everything is fine, I
can open, close, restart and the toolbar stays in its place, below the
address bar. However, if I visit a web address or two (perhaps
certain ones in particular - I haven't yet researched that one), the
toolbar gets shunted off to the right of the address bar and all that
I can see is the google logo.

The toolbar checking situation in View is unchanged - unticking and
reticking makes no difference. The only cure is to reinstall the
toolbar.

Is this an XP problem or something else? - I never experienced it with
win98se.
3 answers Last reply
More about google toolbar forced sight address

    Have you tried "locking the toolbar" once it is in the right place?

    "John" wrote:

    > There is much about loss of google toolbar in the literature but
    > nothing has solved my own version.
    >
    > If I start by reinstalling the google toolbar, everything is fine, I
    > can open, close, restart and the toolbar stays in its place, below the
    > address bar. However, if I visit a web address or two (perhaps
    > certain ones in particular - I haven't yet researched that one), the
    > toolbar gets shunted off to the right of the address bar and all that
    > I can see is the google logo.
    >
    > The toolbar checking situation in View is unchanged - unticking and
    > reticking makes no difference. The only cure is to reinstall the
    > toolbar.
    >
    > Is this an XP problem or something else? - I never experienced it with
    > win98se.

    Hi John,

    Clearing the ITBarLayout helps in most cases. But, are you able to repro the
    problem while visiting a certain site?

    >> perhaps certain ones in particular

    Can you post the URL?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Have you tried "locking the toolbar" once it is in the right place?

    After it disappears, it is still indicated as 'locked.'

    'Clearing the ITBarLayout' I don't know about this instuction/option.

Google Browsers Windows XP