How to lock an XP workstation after a specified period of ..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 12, 2004 12:49:38 PM

Where is the GPO for locking an XP workstation after a specified period of
inactivity located? Is this somthing that can only be specified in a
domain level policy or can I specify it in local machine policy?
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 12:55:55 PM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:49:38 -0400, "John_01" <tmp@nospam.com> wrote:

>Where is the GPO for locking an XP workstation after a specified period of
>inactivity located? Is this somthing that can only be specified in a
>domain level policy or can I specify it in local machine policy?

Screen saver policy, domain or local.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 1:37:08 PM

I'm in local computer policy under computer configuration. I assumed I
would find it under Windows Settings but I do not see anything related to
screen saver policy. Can you tell me exactly where to find it?

Thanks,
John
May 13, 2004 1:44:36 PM

Can you tell me exactly where to find it? I'm looking under Local Computer
Policy under Computer Configuration. I assumed I would find it in Windows
Settings but can't seem to locate anything related to screensaver policy.

Thanks,
John
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 2:46:03 AM

UserConfiguration/Adminstrative templates/Control Panel/Display
!