Admin group application not carried down to workstations

The system admin has added me to the Adminstrator group on our Win2003
server. The odd thing is, that when I log onto any workstation, on our
domain, I am in the Admin group. Instead I am just a normal user.

The server shows me as admin though, and it is a pain in the neck to get the
admin to go to each PC and add me manually as a user. Are we missing
soemthing, or is it just as simple as adding me to the group for the domain?

Help would be great!

John
2 answers Last reply
More about admin group application carried workstations

    This 2003 server--I take it it's not a DC. The admin may
    have added you to the administrators local group on that
    2003 server, not the Domain Admins group on the domain.

    Just an idea

    Ken

    Quite possible, I'll check tomorrow morning and let you know...

    "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This 2003 server--I take it it's not a DC. The admin may
    > have added you to the administrators local group on that
    > 2003 server, not the Domain Admins group on the domain.
    >
    > Just an idea
    >
    > Ken

Domain Workstations Microsoft Servers Windows