How System policy works for AD user on NT-domain-based WS

Hi,

In our first stage of NT 4 domain to AD migration, we
will migrate users from NT domains to AD but leave the NT
machines in the existing NT domain.

My question is when the user logs on to the AD on an NT
workstation which is still in NT domain, which policy
(System or group) will apply to the AD user and the NT
workstation?

Robert.
2 answers Last reply
More about system policy works user domain based

    The NT workstation will receive the NT System policies. The user won't
    receive any policies. Ideally, you should copy the ntconfig.pol over to the
    AD domain controllers, so that it can affect the AD users in this situation.

    --
    Derek Melber
    BrainCore.Net
    "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > In our first stage of NT 4 domain to AD migration, we
    > will migrate users from NT domains to AD but leave the NT
    > machines in the existing NT domain.
    >
    > My question is when the user logs on to the AD on an NT
    > workstation which is still in NT domain, which policy
    > (System or group) will apply to the AD user and the NT
    > workstation?
    >

    > Robert.

    Then Windows NT Machine will receive the system policy from the Netlogon
    share.

    Regards

    Niclas

    "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > In our first stage of NT 4 domain to AD migration, we
    > will migrate users from NT domains to AD but leave the NT
    > machines in the existing NT domain.
    >
    > My question is when the user logs on to the AD on an NT
    > workstation which is still in NT domain, which policy
    > (System or group) will apply to the AD user and the NT
    > workstation?
    >

    > Robert.

Policy Domain Workstations Windows