GRP POLICY

Is there anyway i can force a security policy to clients?

The policy does not seem to be applied even after restart.

Thx

It does not sound like a force issue, more like a misconfiguration issue. Be
sure that DNS is correctly established on the client computers.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"CasDeTroy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway i can force a security policy to clients?
>
> The policy does not seem to be applied even after restart.
>
> Thx

DNS works good on the LAN, the last admin manually imported policy templates on to the local systems.

How do i clear that?

You can either create your own security templates, then import over the ones
he set, or you can manually edit them using the local GPO

--
> DNS works good on the LAN, the last admin manually imported policy
templates on to the local systems.

> How do i clear that?

I am doing that now but :-(, is there any way i can automate this?

What do you mean by automate? (not to be picky, but there are many
definitions of this:)).

Ideally, you will alter aGPO by importing your own security template. Then,
the clients will automatically be updated with your settings. This needs to
be done from the AD level.

--
> I am doing that now but :-(, is there any way i can automate this?

I have been using an aplication that scans the registry remotely.

The systems with the templates fixed manually block this application.

Doesnt the domain /OU policy overwrite locally set policies?

OU policies do overwrite local ones.