deleting user accounts

February 5, 2005 6:05:01 AM

When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like to
delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is not
possible
--
xp beginner

More about : deleting user accounts

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 9:30:43 AM

Hi,

Easy enough. Boot the system and logon to the account you want to keep (must
be administrator type, not limited). Open the users applet in the control
panel and remove the accounts you do not wish to keep. Make sure you copy
any data you wish to keep before doing so to a folder outside of the user
profiles.

If the remaining account is not passworded, it should begin to do an
automatic logon to that account when rebooted. If not, follow these steps:
Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"canman98" <canman98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like
> delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is
> not
> possible
> --
> xp beginner
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 7:50:57 PM

Creating and Managing User Accounts:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.micro...

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"canman98" <canman98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like
> delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is
> not
> possible
> --
> xp beginner
February 5, 2005 7:50:58 PM

thank you all so easy when pointed in the right direction

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Creating and Managing User Accounts:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.micro...

> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "canman98" <canman98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like
> > delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is
> > not
> > possible
> > --
> > xp beginner