deleting user accounts

When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like to
delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is not
possible
--
xp beginner
4 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    Easy enough. Boot the system and logon to the account you want to keep (must
    be administrator type, not limited). Open the users applet in the control
    panel and remove the accounts you do not wish to keep. Make sure you copy
    any data you wish to keep before doing so to a folder outside of the user
    profiles.

    If the remaining account is not passworded, it should begin to do an
    automatic logon to that account when rebooted. If not, follow these steps:
    Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
    click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
    and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "canman98" <canman98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like
    > delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is
    > not
    > possible
    > --
    > xp beginner

    Creating and Managing User Accounts:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.microsoft.com%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Faccounts.asp

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "canman98" <canman98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like
    > delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is
    > not
    > possible
    > --
    > xp beginner

    thank you all so easy when pointed in the right direction

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Creating and Managing User Accounts:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.microsoft.com%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Faccounts.asp

    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "canman98" <canman98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I installed xp home I set up different user account, now I would like
    > > delete them and have a normal desktop or just one user account if this is
    > > not
    > > possible
    > > --
    > > xp beginner

    You're welcome!

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > thank you all so easy when pointed in the right direction
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Creating and Managing User Accounts:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.microsoft.com%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Faccounts.asp
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279783/EN-US/