Disable Windows Help File

I have our public computers locked down pretty tight with a GPO. My only
problem is the users are hitting F1 to launch the Windows help file then
from there they are able to access a command prompt and other things like
games. How can I disable the Windows Help File?

Is there also a way to disble the opening of an explorer window when they
double click on Programs off the Start Menu?

Denny
2 answers Last reply
More about disable windows file

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:35:25 -0700, "jokes54321" <jokes54321@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I have our public computers locked down pretty tight with a GPO. My only
    >problem is the users are hitting F1 to launch the Windows help file then
    >from there they are able to access a command prompt and other things like
    >games. How can I disable the Windows Help File?
    >
    >Is there also a way to disble the opening of an explorer window when they
    >double click on Programs off the Start Menu?
    >
    >Denny

    You could see if removing their Execute permission on
    %SystemRoot%\System32\WinHlp32.exe does the trick.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Unfortunately the application they need to run has a help file they must
    have access too.

    Denny

    > You could see if removing their Execute permission on
    > %SystemRoot%\System32\WinHlp32.exe does the trick.
    >

    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows: General MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com