Disable Windows Help File

I have our public computers locked down pretty tight with a GPO. My only
problem is the users are hitting F1 to launch the Windows help file then
from there they are able to access a command prompt and other things like
games. How can I disable the Windows Help File?

Is there also a way to disble the opening of an explorer window when they
double click on Programs off the Start Menu?

Denny

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:35:25 -0700, "jokes54321" <jokes54321@nospam.com> wrote:

>I have our public computers locked down pretty tight with a GPO. My only
>problem is the users are hitting F1 to launch the Windows help file then
>from there they are able to access a command prompt and other things like
>games. How can I disable the Windows Help File?
>
>Is there also a way to disble the opening of an explorer window when they
>double click on Programs off the Start Menu?
>
>Denny

You could see if removing their Execute permission on
%SystemRoot%\System32\WinHlp32.exe does the trick.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Unfortunately the application they need to run has a help file they must
have access too.

Denny

> You could see if removing their Execute permission on
> %SystemRoot%\System32\WinHlp32.exe does the trick.
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows: General MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com