Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No more expansion packs?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Bioware
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 9:47:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware expansion
packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
pity if Bioware stopped developing it.

More about : expansion packs

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 10:52:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Xstof wrote:
> Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware expansion
> packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
> The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
> pity if Bioware stopped developing it.


No more full expansions; however, BW will continue adding new content
through the game through a pay-per-download system. At least until
Dragon Age (their new CRPG) is finished (about two to three years).
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 11:19:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Xstof wrote:
> Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware expansion
> packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
> The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
> pity if Bioware stopped developing it.

I think I read somewhere that BW would focus on making something new instead
of another expansion pack. Can't remember where though.

But try some fanmade mods if you haven't already. That'll keep you busy for
a while ;) 

Devast8or
Related resources
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 11:19:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Devast8or wrote:
> Xstof wrote:
>> Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware
>> expansion packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
>> The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
>> pity if Bioware stopped developing it.
>
> I think I read somewhere that BW would focus on making something new
> instead of another expansion pack. Can't remember where though.
>
> But try some fanmade mods if you haven't already. That'll keep you
> busy for a while ;) 
>
> Devast8or

Good thing I'm still in chapter 1 of the OC. I have plenty left to play! :) 
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 12:58:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Xstof wrote:
> Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware expansion
> packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
> The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
> pity if Bioware stopped developing it.

Relatedly, is the online and user-created module aspect of this game still
heavily supported?
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 4:24:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> I'm not sure how much produced by the Live Team will be pay-per-download
> and how much will be free. I think the for-pay stuff will largely be
> modules (Rob Bartel's Witch's Wake series, for example)

Is it actually a series now? I loved the first one but I didn't think
another has come out...
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 4:31:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:40cba6b2$0$3044$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Xstof wrote:
> > Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware expansion
> > packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
> > The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
> > pity if Bioware stopped developing it.
>
> Relatedly, is the online and user-created module aspect of this game still
> heavily supported?
>
>

Go do a google search for the NWN vault..
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 4:34:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Insane Ranter wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:40cba6b2$0$3044$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
>> Xstof wrote:
>>> Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware
>>> expansion packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
>>> The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
>>> pity if Bioware stopped developing it.
>>
>> Relatedly, is the online and user-created module aspect of this game
>> still heavily supported?
>>
>>
>
> Go do a google search for the NWN vault..

I have that bookmarked. I know there are a lot of modules, but I'm wondering
if it's still as strongly supported as it was when it came out.

--
John Salerno
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 9:03:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

John Baker wrote:

> Barry Scott Will wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how much produced by the Live Team will be
>> pay-per-download and how much will be free. I think the for-pay stuff
>> will largely be modules (Rob Bartel's Witch's Wake series, for example)
>
>
> Is it actually a series now? I loved the first one but I didn't think
> another has come out...
>
It's not out yet. But Rob Bartel is again actively working on it.

My impression was that most of the content that would be made available
to subscribers would be aimed at mod makers -- tilesets and that sort of
thing -- but there'd be some playable stuff, like the continuation of
the Witch's Wake series.
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 9:41:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:
> Relatedly, is the online and user-created module aspect of this game still
> heavily supported?


Yes.





Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
(Filler so Comcast's server doesn't reject this message as having too
little original content. :sigh:) 
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:36:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:40cbd95f$0$3011$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Insane Ranter wrote:
> > "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:40cba6b2$0$3044$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> >> Xstof wrote:
> >>> Anyone knows whether there will be any more official Bioware
> >>> expansion packs, or was Hordes of the Underdark the last one?
> >>> The game might be a few years old, but it still ROCKS, it would be a
> >>> pity if Bioware stopped developing it.
> >>
> >> Relatedly, is the online and user-created module aspect of this game
> >> still heavily supported?
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Go do a google search for the NWN vault..
>
> I have that bookmarked. I know there are a lot of modules, but I'm
wondering
> if it's still as strongly supported as it was when it came out.

I think yes. Maybe even a little more so
!