Lock down IE.

Does anyone know of a policy that forces a user to enter a password in order
to use IE?

Currently, we're using NTFS perms on the exe file. It works, but is a little
awkward.

TX in advance.

NO but you can use content rating and content advisor.

How to restrict internet access Domain wide or for a single Site or OU with
Group Policies
http://www.chrisse.se/MAQB.asp?ID=17

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Rocardo" <rgutery@mentorits.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Does anyone know of a policy that forces a user to enter a password in
order
> to use IE?
>
> Currently, we're using NTFS perms on the exe file. It works, but is a
little
> awkward.
>
> TX in advance.

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for (we already have your suggestion
in place).

What the client wants is to force a user to enter a password in order to
'Launch' IE, so this would be before any content or rating restrictions
would apply.

"Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> wrote in message
> NO but you can use content rating and content advisor.
>
> How to restrict internet access Domain wide or for a single Site or OU
with
> Group Policies
> http://www.chrisse.se/MAQB.asp?ID=17
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>
> "Rocardo" <rgutery@mentorits.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Does anyone know of a policy that forces a user to enter a password in
> order
> > to use IE?
> >
> > Currently, we're using NTFS perms on the exe file. It works, but is a
> little
> > awkward.
> >
> > TX in advance.

There is no way to do that. They enter the password to access he operating system you
can tell them. If users are sharing computers then they should have separate
accounts. Keep in mind that IE may not be the only way for users to access the
internet and if it is a top priority they may want to look into using something like
ISA from Microsoft that can control access to the internet in a very granular
ay. --- Steve

"Rocardo" <rgutery@mentorits.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for (we already have your suggestion
> in place).
>
> What the client wants is to force a user to enter a password in order to
> 'Launch' IE, so this would be before any content or rating restrictions
> would apply.
>
> "Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> wrote in message
> > NO but you can use content rating and content advisor.
> >
> > How to restrict internet access Domain wide or for a single Site or OU
> with
> > Group Policies
> > http://www.chrisse.se/MAQB.asp?ID=17
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Christoffer Andersson
> >
> > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> >
> > "Rocardo" <rgutery@mentorits.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > > Does anyone know of a policy that forces a user to enter a password in
> > order
> > > to use IE?
> > >
> > > Currently, we're using NTFS perms on the exe file. It works, but is a
> > little
> > > awkward.
> > >
> > > TX in advance.

TRENDING THREADS