SECURITY TEMPLATE

I just fixed my security template (customised) and was wondering if it gets applied as the domain security policy by default?

If it doesnt how do i get it as the domain security policy?

You can import in into whatever policy you want at "security settings". I
don't suggest modifying default domain policy nor domain controller but
instead creating a new GPO to import the policy into and put it above the
default policy in the list so that it has higher priority. That makes it a
lot easier to back out if things go wrong and often they do. I also suggest
that after you import/apply it you use the mmc Security Configuration and
Analysis snapin tool to analyze a computers policy against that template to
see if changes are being applied as expected. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/prork/prdd_sec_xumv.asp

"CasDeTroy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just fixed my security template (customised) and was wondering if it
gets applied as the domain security policy by default?

> If it doesnt how do i get it as the domain security policy?

Its been analysed and looks good..i actually dont have a default policy..all OU's have their own security settings. i guess this would be done for all OUs right?

It depends on your AD structure. You can import into all of the OU's GPO's
if you want them all to have those settings you defined in your template.
Keep in mind that for domain users, password/account policy can only be
defined at the domain level. --- Steve