administrative tools folder problem

I have a windows 2000 pc. I am logged in as the
local administrator, but when I open the administrative
tools folder in the control panel I don't get any icons.
Please help.....thanks for your help... Tom
1 answer Last reply
More about administrative tools folder problem

    If this happened just recently maybe your were hit by some virus or other
    malware causing such and you should scan your computer for viruses with the
    latest up to date virus definitions from your vendor at their website. It is
    also a good idea to run something like SpyBot Search and Destroy on a
    regular basis such as weekly these days. Also see the link below.

    That does not mean that your computer is infected and someone else may have
    other ideas. You could also try searching for *.cpl files on your computer
    which are the Control Planel files and you can execute them by clicking
    them. In the meantime you can also use Computer Management or the mmc snapin
    to manage your computer. Enter mmc in the run box to bring up a blank
    Management Console and select console/add remove snapins to create a custom
    console. There is a Group Policy setting to hide Control Panel icons under
    user configuration/administrative templates/ - Control Panel that you may
    want to check out. Local Group Policy is available via gpedit.msc. ---
    Steve

    "hunter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a windows 2000 pc. I am logged in as the
    > local administrator, but when I open the administrative
    > tools folder in the control panel I don't get any icons.
    > Please help.....thanks for your help... Tom

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows