not able to save onto hard drive

damaul

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
i just built a new comp. the second hard drive i put in it is not showing up in my computer so i can't save anything to it. it is set to slave in my bio and the comp sees it in systems under hardware and also says that it is working. i don't have the brand off the top off my head but i can find it out if need be. just wondering if anyone can help. thanks a bunch.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
i just built a new comp. the second hard drive i put in it is not showing up in my computer so i can't save anything to it. it is set to slave in my bio and the comp sees it in systems under hardware and also says that it is working. i don't have the brand off the top off my head but i can find it out if need be. just wondering if anyone can help. thanks a bunch.
You have to format the hard drive. In order for it to appear in My Computer.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Go to Computer Management.

Start :arrow: Settings :arrow: Control Panel :arrow: Administrative Tools :arrow: Computer Management :arrow: Disk Management

on right hand side there should be unpartitioned hard drive.

right click :arrow: Format...

That is with Classic Start Menu.

GigabyteRules

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
go to the desktop, right click on MY COMPUTER scrll down to manage, when that window comes up , click on DISK MANAGEMENT, ull see all ur drives and u should see a drive with a BLACK line , right click and format it using ntsc quick format