Prevent user from adding new hardware to Win2000 machines

Hi all,

How do I configure group policy in a way that it prevents users from adding
new hardware or removable drive (USB stick...) to Windows 2000 machines?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about prevent user adding hardware win2000 machines

    Chris-

    For the sticks, if you know all your PCs only have certain drive letters,
    there's a GPO to restrict access to those only. I think if you poke around
    in the User Rights Assignment section of sec policies you should be able to
    find something, though.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "Chris Wagner" <so@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > How do I configure group policy in a way that it prevents users from
    adding
    > new hardware or removable drive (USB stick...) to Windows 2000 machines?
    > Thanks

Hardware Policy Windows