Prevent user from adding new hardware to Win2000 machines

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 18, 2004 10:59:47 PM

Hi all,

How do I configure group policy in a way that it prevents users from adding
new hardware or removable drive (USB stick...) to Windows 2000 machines?
Thanks
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 3:43:41 AM

Chris-

For the sticks, if you know all your PCs only have certain drive letters,
there's a GPO to restrict access to those only. I think if you poke around
in the User Rights Assignment section of sec policies you should be able to
find something, though.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us