Seattle Comcast HDTV Cable or Directv HD with Samsung SIR-..

I currently have HDTV with Directv and a Samsung SIR-TS160. I think the
receiver is great but I hate paying $12 for 4 HD channels when the only one
I really care about is ESPNHD and they have very limited HD programming.
Comcast is offering $25 off for 16 months if I trade in my dish equipment.
If I did this I would go buy a $50 dish and give them one of my old
receivers. Comcast would only be $31 after the discount for 16 months.
sounds hard to pass up at that price.

What model is the Comcast HD receiver and is the on screen menu as nice as
the Samsung. Comcast gives you ESPNHD for free when renting their box.

Oh, Samsung has a coaxial in for cable. Can that be used with a Comcast
feed?
2 answers Last reply
More about seattle comcast hdtv cable directv samsung

    :
    : What model is the Comcast HD receiver and is the on screen menu as
    nice as
    : the Samsung. Comcast gives you ESPNHD for free when renting their
    box.
    :
    : Oh, Samsung has a coaxial in for cable. Can that be used with a
    Comcast
    : feed?
    :
    ============
    You realize that Comcast has no CBS.
    And no way to connect an antenna.

    "Richard C." <post-age @spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > "Colin" <jetsgreen_REMOVESPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > : I currently have HDTV with Directv and a Samsung SIR-TS160. I think
    > the
    > : receiver is great but I hate paying $12 for 4 HD channels when the
    > only one
    > : I really care about is ESPNHD and they have very limited HD
    > programming.
    > : Comcast is offering $25 off for 16 months if I trade in my dish
    > equipment.
    > : If I did this I would go buy a $50 dish and give them one of my old
    > : receivers. Comcast would only be $31 after the discount for 16
    > months.
    > : sounds hard to pass up at that price.
    > :
    > : What model is the Comcast HD receiver and is the on screen menu as
    > nice as
    > : the Samsung. Comcast gives you ESPNHD for free when renting their
    > box.
    > :
    > : Oh, Samsung has a coaxial in for cable. Can that be used with a
    > Comcast
    > : feed?
    > :
    > You realize that Comcast has no CBS.
    > And no way to connect an antenna.

    From reading the post it seems this person is going to trade in a cheap dish
    and spare tuner and use both Direct TV and Comcast.

HDTV HD Samsung Home Theatre