Domain Users have no share tab

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 19, 2004 8:38:58 PM

Greetings,

I searched around the newsgroup and could not find any
info on my issue. Currently all our users are regular
Domain Users. This however prevents them from having
the "Share Tab" when looking at the properties of a
folder.

I was wondering if this can be changed using the group
policy or not? I know that I can add the Domain users to
the local Power Users group but I was hoping there was
something in the group policy that I can enable.

So far I have searched all the policies and can't find
anything to "enable" this feature.

Thanks in advance for anyone with some assistance.

RH

More about : domain users share tab

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 11:42:19 PM

There is no policy for such as that is strictly dictated by group
membership. There is a user right that allows users to share permanent
objects but it is not related to creating file shares as often thought. ---
Steve

!