Domain Users have no share tab

Greetings,

I searched around the newsgroup and could not find any
info on my issue. Currently all our users are regular
Domain Users. This however prevents them from having
the "Share Tab" when looking at the properties of a
folder.

I was wondering if this can be changed using the group
policy or not? I know that I can add the Domain users to
the local Power Users group but I was hoping there was
something in the group policy that I can enable.

So far I have searched all the policies and can't find
anything to "enable" this feature.

Thanks in advance for anyone with some assistance.

RH
1 answer Last reply
More about domain users share

    There is no policy for such as that is strictly dictated by group
    membership. There is a user right that allows users to share permanent
    objects but it is not related to creating file shares as often thought. ---
    Steve

    "RH" <user0@freeshell.org> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I searched around the newsgroup and could not find any
    > info on my issue. Currently all our users are regular
    > Domain Users. This however prevents them from having
    > the "Share Tab" when looking at the properties of a
    > folder.
    >
    > I was wondering if this can be changed using the group
    > policy or not? I know that I can add the Domain users to
    > the local Power Users group but I was hoping there was
    > something in the group policy that I can enable.
    >
    > So far I have searched all the policies and can't find
    > anything to "enable" this feature.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for anyone with some assistance.
    >
    > RH

Policy Domain Windows