Credentials used during Software installation via Group Po..

Hi,

Recently I am using the "Software Installation and Management" feature in the Group Policies.
When adding a new software to deploy, we normally have to configure the Distribution Point such that Administrators of the Domain have Full Control over it as well as the Local System, and Users (Domain Users) have only read access.
But when I do that, the software I wish to deploy does not install!
Errors come up in the Event Viewer saying that
"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exist and that you can access it."

But when I add to the Security List of the Distribution Point the entry "Everyone" associated with "Full Control", then the installation of the software completes perfectly!!!!

So, could someone tell me what credentials are used (that is what user account is used) in order to install the software through System Policies?
I though this was the "Local System" Account that was used for that but it seems not ....

Thanks in advance for your help.
Julien.

Julien-

Give Domain Computers read rights, at a minimum. If you don't need to
restrict access to the distro point, I usually grant Authenticated Users
rights to this sort of thing.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us