Screensaver & Workstation Lock

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

We have a policy that activates the screensaver and locks
the workstation after 15 minutes of inactivity. Works
for most of the users... except a few--nothing common
between them, except they are domain members.

When we rolled out this policy, the majority of the users
complained... now i have one user that's complaining that
it's not activating. I did a gpresult on her computer,
and it shows she's getting the policy applied, but, her
screensaver and lock aren't activating.

Any ideas? They'd be most appreciated :)

Ken

Ken,

I've been having the same problem and have tried many approaches. One that
has worked the best is applying/reapplying the latest client SP. Here we are
running XP-Pro exclusively. Once clue my be to turn on debug levels for the
user environment so can possibly identifying what or why something isn't
with it. Check this out also -http://www.jsiinc.com/subh/tip3700/rh3799.htm.
Good luck! If you find out any revelations be sure to pass them on.

HTH,

Scott R