evga 680 with p24 overclocking

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
hello !

i installed p24 bios, and now in nvidia monitorview when i up the spp voltage to 1.5 my pci express voltage goes to 1.5v at well (red) when it went only up to 1.35v (yellow) on bios p23 and lower...anyone else having this ? maybe with the p23 bios the voltages were not reported correctly in monitor view and for pci express was at 1.5v too with p23bios when spp at 1.5 ? also is it dangerous to up the voltage of the ht (mcp <->spp) to 1.45 (default voltage when on auto hum) cause its red in nvidia monitorview also...in fact if someone who o/ced its evga680 with stock cooling on chipsets (cpu cooling doesnt matter) could tell me what voltages he has used to make its o/c stable that would be great. im talking about fsb, spp, ht voltages, not others, and also what bios you are using. thanks

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Not 100% sure I understand exactly what you're asking but here goes.

It looks like either they upped the max voltage you could put in from 1.35v to 1.5v and of course near the max would be listed as red as in be careful unless you know what you're doing really well. OR if you had the option of going to 1.5v before and it just changes from yellow to red as a different point than it used to then its likely it wasn't being reported accurately before and with the bios update is now being reported more accurately.

I hope that is of some help since, to me, it wasn't crystal clear what you were getting at.

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
yes thanks man :) i think on the p23 the voltage of pci express was not reported correctly and now it is fixed with right voltage..in fact pci expres voltage = spp voltage it seems, cause when i up the spp voltage to 1.3v, pci express voltage goes to 1.3, when spp at 1.4v, pci express at 1.4v etc...what i was saying is : under p23bios, when i upped spp voltage to 1.5v, pci express voltage was only yellow at 1.35v, on p24 when i upp spp voltage to 1.5, pci express voltage is red at 1.5v..but you understood well what i said anyway :)

im staying in the yellow anyway, i dont want push the mb too much..if i break it, im deadmeat