Nasty 1202 Warning and no apparent fix!

I was configuring my Default Domain Policy with GPMC and having some problems. Checked the Event Viewer and found:

WARNING
EVENT ID: 1202
Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred.
Advanced help for this problem is available on http://support.microsoft.com. Query for "troubleshooting 1202 events".

I ran a gpupdate to force the error into the winlogon.log and got:

Configure machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy.
Undo value for the undefined group policy setting <machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy> wasn't reset successfully (1627). Undo value was not removed.
Error 1627: Function failed during execution.
Error configuring machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy.
Configure machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa\lmcompatibilitylevel.
There is already an undo value for group policy setting <machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa\lmcompatibilitylevel>.
Configure machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\enablesecuritysignature.
There is already an undo value for group policy setting <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\enablesecuritysignature>.
Configure machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\requiresecuritysignature.
There is already an undo value for group policy setting <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\requiresecuritysignature>.
Configure machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\requiresignorseal.
There is already an undo value for group policy setting <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\requiresignorseal>.
Configure machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\ntds\parameters\ldapserverintegrity.
There is already an undo value for group policy setting <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\ntds\parameters\ldapserverintegrity>.

Configuration of Registry Values was completed with one or more errors.

I've reviewed everything on the Microsoft knowledegebase pertaining to this and 1202 errors and got bupkus. I have totally run out of options on how to fix this problem.

Anybody have a clue as to what's going on here and how to fix it?!!!

And please don't refer me to the MS Knowledgebase 1202 stuff, already been there.
2 answers Last reply
More about nasty 1202 warning apparent

    Have you seen the comments for this event id at
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1202&eventno=348&source=SceCli&phase=1 ?
    There are several Q articles related to 0x4b8.
    --
    Regards,
    Adrian Grigorof

    "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was configuring my Default Domain Policy with GPMC and having some
    problems. Checked the Event Viewer and found:

    > WARNING
    > EVENT ID: 1202
    > Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error
    has occurred.
    > Advanced help for this problem is available on
    http://support.microsoft.com. Query for "troubleshooting 1202 events".

    > I ran a gpupdate to force the error into the winlogon.log and got:
    >
    > Configure machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy.
    > Undo value for the undefined group policy setting
    <machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy> wasn't reset successfully
    (1627). Undo value was not removed.
    > Error 1627: Function failed during execution.
    > Error configuring machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy.
    > Configure
    machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa\lmcompatibilitylevel.
    > There is already an undo value for group policy setting
    <machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa\lmcompatibilitylevel>.
    > Configure
    machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\enablesecu
    ritysignature.
    > There is already an undo value for group policy setting
    <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\enablesec
    uritysignature>.
    > Configure
    machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\requiresec
    uritysignature.
    > There is already an undo value for group policy setting
    <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\requirese
    curitysignature>.
    > Configure
    machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\requiresignors
    eal.
    > There is already an undo value for group policy setting
    <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\requiresignor
    seal>.
    > Configure
    machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\ntds\parameters\ldapserverintegrit
    y.
    > There is already an undo value for group policy setting
    <machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\ntds\parameters\ldapserverintegri
    ty>.

    > Configuration of Registry Values was completed with one or more errors.
    >
    > I've reviewed everything on the Microsoft knowledegebase pertaining to
    this and 1202 errors and got bupkus. I have totally run out of options on
    how to fix this problem.

    > Anybody have a clue as to what's going on here and how to fix it?!!!
    >
    > And please don't refer me to the MS Knowledgebase 1202 stuff, already been
    there.

    I had something similar, with 1202 every 5 minutes:

    Configure machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy.
    Undo value for the undefined group policy setting
    <machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy> wasn't reset
    successfully (1627). Undo value was not removed.
    Error 1627: Function failed during execution.
    Error configuring machine\software\microsoft\driver signing\policy.

    None of eventid.net's links helped (which is unusual). So I decided to
    define the driver signing policy. I chose "warn but allow", and within
    5 minutes time, I had an informational event 1704: "Security policy in
    the Group policy objects has been applied successfully", and my 1202's
    went away

    Hope this helps

Policy Microsoft Software Windows