MSI P965 Platinum and ddr2-800 1 GB modules

BSMichel

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2004
I am about to buy this mobo. However my reseller has explained to me that 1 GB dd2-800 memory memory modules doesn´t work. I've been searching about this in google and even in the manual but there's no mention to such problem. Could anyone confirm or deny this?

Thx,
BsMichel.

I am about to buy this mobo. However my reseller has explained to me that 1 GB dd2-800 memory memory modules doesn´t work. I've been searching about this in google and even in the manual but there's no mention to such problem. Could anyone confirm or deny this?

Thx,
BsMichel.

8O
O-$hit!
Guess I better take them out of mine!

Your reseller should be riding the short bus :tongue:

6ten

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
It is not the motherboard the reseller is worried about, but the P965 chipset that accepts 1.8V memory of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6. All P965 MB's must adhere to this rule, but if the board can up the memory voltage (MSI Platinum does), you can have different voltage memory to tighten the timings. A good memory to purchase is the G. Skill 1GB

shaggy3131

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
It is not the motherboard the reseller is worried about, but the P965 chipset that accepts 1.8V memory of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6. All P965 MB's must adhere to this rule, but if the board can up the memory voltage (MSI Platinum does), you can have different voltage memory to tighten the timings. A good memory to purchase is the G. Skill 1GB

I am runing the P965 with the gskill 1g ddr2 800s and am having alot of stabilty issues i wasnt sure if mem was the culpret. Is the the mem your runing its worked fine for you?