How can you tell what Group Polices are on the local machi..

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hi, I'm kinda new to the Group Polices and won't be trained on them
until July. Is there a way to figure out what group policies are on
the local client?

Thanks,
Bernie

From a Windows XP client run:

gpresult.exe

From a Windows 2000 client, gpresult is not installed by default but is
available in the resource kit.

Regards

Niclas Lindblom

"Bernie" <berniemckean@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm kinda new to the Group Polices and won't be trained on them
> until July. Is there a way to figure out what group policies are on
> the local client?
>
> Thanks,
> Bernie

For local computer configuration/security policy you will want to look at Local
Security Policy - secpol.msc. For user configuration Group Policy you can use
gpresult /u /v which will show user configuration in verbose mode which will list the
settings though they will not appear exactly the same as in Group Policy but you
should be able to figure them out. Gpresult and many other helpful utilities such as
netdiag are on the install disk under the support/tools folder where you will need to
run the setup there and then execute those utilities from the folder where they are
installed or provide the full path. --- Steve

"Bernie" <berniemckean@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm kinda new to the Group Polices and won't be trained on them
> until July. Is there a way to figure out what group policies are on
> the local client?
>
> Thanks,
> Bernie

For Window XP/ Windows 2003 you can also run RSOP.msc