Hi,

For using remote dektop how can i know my machines IP address. Also is the
IP address dynamic i.e. does it change every time i log on.

Regards

"Ashish Mathur" <mathurashish@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> For using remote dektop how can i know my machines IP address. Also
> is the IP address dynamic i.e. does it change every time i log on.
>
> Regards

Open and CMD window and type ipconfig

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Ashish Mathur wrote:
> For using remote dektop how can i know my machines IP address. Also
> is the IP address dynamic i.e. does it change every time i log on.

I have no idea if your address is dynamic. If you are asking - it probably
is.
Do you have a high-speed Internet connection?
Do you have a cable modem/dsl "router" that you connect to?
Have you ever configured that router (if you have one)?
Can you go to http://whatismyip.com/?
If you do the following:

Start --> RUN

cmd /k ipconfig /all

Click OK

Do you see, in the command prompt that opens, information on a DHCP server?

--
<- Shenan ->

TRENDING THREADS