Copying group policy

Hi,

I am going to need to lock down a number of PC's that are
not going to be networked together.

I've created a secure group policy on one of the computers.
Before I go ahead with this - will I be able to copy the
Grouppolicy folder from the first machine and paste it
over the grouppolicy folder on another machine? Will this
work?

Thanks,

Manatarmz

Not advisable, there will likely be differing registry entries that won't
play well when copied using Windows Explorer.

Are you working in a domain environment? If so, you can group a number of
machines into an Organizational Unit and apply the GPO one time to the OU
itself - all settings in the GPO will filter down to every machine in the
OU.

If you're working with individual machines, try using the Group Policy
Management Console (for 2003 & XP) to export and import GPO settings.
--
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP