ITS THE NorthBridge not your RAM.

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
OK did I get your attention?
This is just to help out some of those that are having ram issues. It may not be your ram.

I just finished fixing a Shuttle XPC. all the errors pointed to ram. ALL the Forums said the ram is bad based on the error message. Even Microsofts error messages said your ram needs to be replaced.........

After experimenting and double checking a few things I noticed the NB heatsink was very warm.

I added a small 40mm fan to the north bridge and then ran memtest again. Before fan, it failed at pass 0 test 3 after fan 24hours and no errors.

IN SHORT. IF your getting all sorts of memory errors Try cooling your NorthBridge better. IF that fails then well its your ram and Good luck.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
OK did I get your attention?
This is just to help out some of those that are having ram issues. It may not be your ram.

I just finished fixing a Shuttle XPC. all the errors pointed to ram. ALL the Forums said the ram is bad based on the error message. Even Microsofts error messages said your ram needs to be replaced.........

After experimenting and double checking a few things I noticed the NB heatsink was very warm.

I added a small 40mm fan to the north bridge and then ran memtest again. Before fan, it failed at pass 0 test 3 after fan 24hours and no errors.

IN SHORT. IF your getting all sorts of memory errors Try cooling your NorthBridge better. IF that fails then well its your ram and Good luck.
just one interested thing..
is that a good brand motherboard? or a cheap one?
are you ocing it?

anyone could blame it to people triying to overclock using very cheap quality mobos, nofans, almost no cooling protection o_O

dermotti

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Most motherboards have sucky northbridge heatsinks, they all get too hot 4 me.

Its one peice that needs to replaced on all motherboards for decent overclocks.