DSM-G600 New Firmware 1.02US Version

mark1280

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Hi Guys,

Saw your forums and felt inclined to help. My son works for Linksys in California and probably did something he shouldn't have. He sent me the latest version of the 1.02 Firmware US Version for the DSM-G600 NAS Device which isn't released yet. There is a 1.02 EU version but that is different than the US version.

Should you want it, feel free to PM me. Also, use this file at your own risk, I make no claims or guarantee's about it. Also, please don't ask for his name or how to reach him directly...that's just not going to happen.

Thanks,
Mark

Madwand

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
My son works for Linksys in California and probably did something he shouldn't have. He sent me the latest version of the 1.02 Firmware US Version for the DSM-G600 NAS Device which isn't released yet.

Fountain Valley or Irvine?

Bit confused about the D-Link software coming out of Linksys.

Always suspected that these companies were all the same, but this is going a bit far..

Bad Linksys, bad?

cflattes

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Hi Mark,

I just purchased the g600 b1, and I'm looking to download the 1.02 software...could you direct me to the best place to retrieve/download. Also, does this device run faster in wireless or wired mode?

Thanks
Chris

Madwand

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Sorry, I don't really know much about this device. I was just commenting on the strangeness of someone who works at Linksys providing a pre-release firmware for a D-Link product.

Perhaps you should try PM'ing mark1280, as he suggested, if he's still around.

In general, wired performance is superior to wireless -- I'd recommend using it whenever practical. Wireless is for convenience and portability.

cflattes

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Hi Mark,

I just purchased the g600 b1, and I'm looking to download the 1.02 software...could you direct me to the best place to retrieve/download. Also, does this device run faster in wireless or wired mode?

Thanks
Chris

cflattes

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Thanks for the info, it makes sense so I wonder about even purchasing it w/ the wireless but when you price shop there is only a $25 difference between the two wired versus wireless..sorry about the mix-up.

Thanks
Chris