Can't open more than one IE window

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi Everyone,

I have a GPO in place that does everything I want it to
do, except one thing....once an IE window is opened, users
cannot close it. If they click on a favorite within the
Start Menu, it will work, but the web site will populate
the existing IE window, instead of opening a new one.

In the GPO under the "Internet Explorer/Browser Menu",
I've allowed users to open new windows and close existing
ones. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance for
all of your suggestions and help!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Actually, I found out what is happening, but it's still
posing a problem. When an IE window is opened, I am able
to open up additional IE windows by using the Favorites
from the Start Menu. However, if only one IE window is
open (or the last one to be closed), the image of it
remains as if it is still opened, even though it has been
closed. Is this due in some part to Active Desktop? I
would like to keep Active Desktop enabled, but I want to
get rid of this phantom IE window. Any help?