Event ID 1202 Security policies are propagated with warnin..

I am getting this error every 5 mins on one of our domain controllers
(2 total DCs). There is no other error that follows it, like the Event
ID 1000. I have checked all the gptTpml.inf files for any extra
caridge return and nothning there.

In the Winlog file there is the following error:

Error 0 to send control flag 1 over to server.
GPLinkDomain GPO_INFO_FLAG_BACKGROUND )
GPLinkOrganizationUnit GPO_INFO_FLAG_BACKGROUND )

[Mapping] gpt00000.dom = Default Domain Policy

I also looked through the gpt00000.dom file and there are no extra
cardige returns either.

Thanks in advance for an assistance into this...

- Michael
2 answers Last reply
More about event 1202 security policies propagated warnin

    Michael-

    Check the log in c:\windows\security\logs\winlogon.log and see what the
    actual error is.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "Michael" <hmble420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am getting this error every 5 mins on one of our domain controllers
    > (2 total DCs). There is no other error that follows it, like the Event
    > ID 1000. I have checked all the gptTpml.inf files for any extra
    > caridge return and nothning there.
    >
    > In the Winlog file there is the following error:
    >
    > Error 0 to send control flag 1 over to server.
    > GPLinkDomain GPO_INFO_FLAG_BACKGROUND )
    > GPLinkOrganizationUnit GPO_INFO_FLAG_BACKGROUND )
    >
    > [Mapping] gpt00000.dom = Default Domain Policy
    >

    > I also looked through the gpt00000.dom file and there are no extra
    > cardige returns either.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for an assistance into this...
    >
    > - Michael

    I was able to resolve this with obnoxious error. When I navigate to
    the Local Computer Policy and try to open Account Policies or Local
    Policies
    (Local Computer Policy / Computer Configuration / Windows Settings /
    Security Settings), I received
    Windows cannot open the local policy database. An unknown error
    occurred when attempting to open the database.
    My Local Group Policy log files where corrupt.

    To fix the problem, just delete or rename the following:

    %SystemRoot%\Security\Edb.*
    %SystemRoot%\Security\Res*.*

    and the files will recreate themselves the next time to go into the
    Local Security Policies.

    - Michael
    A+/N+/MCSA/MCSE
    michael@michaelamayer.com

    hmble420@yahoo.com (Michael) wrote in message news:<34dc2f0f.0405271133.48096dda@posting.google.com>...
    > I am getting this error every 5 mins on one of our domain controllers
    > (2 total DCs). There is no other error that follows it, like the Event
    > ID 1000. I have checked all the gptTpml.inf files for any extra
    > caridge return and nothning there.
    >
    > In the Winlog file there is the following error:
    >
    > Error 0 to send control flag 1 over to server.
    > GPLinkDomain GPO_INFO_FLAG_BACKGROUND )
    > GPLinkOrganizationUnit GPO_INFO_FLAG_BACKGROUND )
    >
    > [Mapping] gpt00000.dom = Default Domain Policy
    >

    > I also looked through the gpt00000.dom file and there are no extra
    > cardige returns either.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for an assistance into this...
    >
    > - Michael

Windows