Remove IE access using group policy

I have users that I don't want using IE. Can I remove
access to it using group policy? However, I don't want to
uninstall it.
2 answers Last reply
More about remove access group policy

    You may want tp try this policy setting

    Don't run specified Windows applications
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System

    Description
    Prevents Windows from running the programs you specify in this policy.

    If you enable this policy, users cannot run programs that you add to the
    List of disallowed applications.

    Note

    This policy only prevents users from running programs that are started by
    the Windows Explorer process. It does not prevent users from running
    programs, such as Task Manager, that are started by the system process or by
    other processes. Also, if you permit users to gain access to the command
    prompt, Cmd.exe, this policy does not prevent them from starting programs in
    the command window that they are not permitted to start by using Windows
    Explorer.

    When both the Run only allowed Windows applications policy and the Don't run
    specified Windows applications policy are enabled, they are both applied.
    Users can only run the programs listed in the Run only allowed Windows
    applications policy. However, if a program in that list is prohibited by the
    Don't run specified Windows applications policy, it does not run.

    Related Policies

    Run only allowed Windows applications

    Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
    Windows 2000 Directory Services

    from your issue.

    "Mike" <mpender@clintonsavings.com> wrote in message
    > I have users that I don't want using IE. Can I remove
    > access to it using group policy? However, I don't want to
    > uninstall it.

    begin 666 note.gif
    M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+/_`(V,C?__S/_,`/\%!?]=7<# P-/3TX6%A0("`@``````
    M`````````````````````"'Y! $```4`+ `````*``H```0H$,AI"AD@Z(T$
    AWEJ'%!DGC.1VG%4:&,@1'(5[&&%=@NC.U8B@,%B+```[
    `
    end

    begin 666 reltopic.gif
    M1TE&.#EA$ `+`*+_`,# P/___\S,S)F9F0```````````````"'Y! $`````
    M+ `````0``L`0 ,M.+H*_FZ$28,@,%9Z,Y ;(7K@UF5BJF)9237DE$XG!,X6
    1:\LBK3\#@7 H_#D2`#L"`#L`
    `
    end

    Are you running Windows XP?

    Try software restriction policies if you are

    "Tim Hines [MSFT]" <timhines@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<#67H0IYREHA.4020@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
    > You may want tp try this policy setting
    >
    > Don't run specified Windows applications
    > User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System
    >
    > Description
    > Prevents Windows from running the programs you specify in this policy.
    >
    > If you enable this policy, users cannot run programs that you add to the
    > List of disallowed applications.
    >
    > Note
    >
    > This policy only prevents users from running programs that are started by
    > the Windows Explorer process. It does not prevent users from running
    > programs, such as Task Manager, that are started by the system process or by
    > other processes. Also, if you permit users to gain access to the command
    > prompt, Cmd.exe, this policy does not prevent them from starting programs in
    > the command window that they are not permitted to start by using Windows
    > Explorer.
    >
    > When both the Run only allowed Windows applications policy and the Don't run
    > specified Windows applications policy are enabled, they are both applied.
    > Users can only run the programs listed in the Run only allowed Windows
    > applications policy. However, if a program in that list is prohibited by the
    > Don't run specified Windows applications policy, it does not run.
    >
    > Related Policies
    >

    > Run only allowed Windows applications

    > Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
    > Windows 2000 Directory Services

    > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
    > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
    > from your issue.
    >

    > "Mike" <mpender@clintonsavings.com> wrote in message
    > > I have users that I don't want using IE. Can I remove
    > > access to it using group policy? However, I don't want to
    > > uninstall it.
    >

    > begin 666 note.gif
    > M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+/_`(V,C?__S/_,`/\%!?]=7<# P-/3TX6%A0("`@``````
    > M`````````````````````"'Y! $```4`+ `````*``H```0H$,AI"AD@Z(T$
    > AWEJ'%!DGC.1VG%4:&,@1'(5[&&%=@NC.U8B@,%B+```[
    > `
    > end
    >
    > begin 666 reltopic.gif
    > M+ `````0``L`0 ,M.+H*_FZ$28,@,%9Z,Y ;(7K@UF5BJF)9237DE$XG!,X6
    > 1:\LBK3\#@7 H_#D2`#L"`#L`
    > `
    > end

Policy Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows