re-register appmgmts.dll for GP Software Installation

I have a problem with software installation thought the GP. I keep
getting error 1085.
It recommends me to re-register appmgmts.dll responsible for Software
Installation
Then I run RegSrv32 to re-register dll I got following error

appmgmts.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
found. This file can not be registered.

Any ideas how it could be re-registered.
Thanks
Peter

The correct name of the dll is appmgmt.dll. Did you type that correctly?

Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000 Directory Services

from your issue.

"PeterS" <psimonov@recochem.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem with software installation thought the GP. I keep
> getting error 1085.
> It recommends me to re-register appmgmts.dll responsible for Software
> Installation
> Then I run RegSrv32 to re-register dll I got following error
>
> appmgmts.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
> found. This file can not be registered.
>
> Any ideas how it could be re-registered.
> Thanks
> Peter

Hi Tim,
I wonna try your advice, but so far under my System32 I have only appmgmts.dll
Can you send me a link where I can download appmgmt.dll ?
Thanks
Peter