Folder Redirection and Terminal Server Users

We currently utilize folder redirection for users
belonging to specific security groups in our native W2K
domain. The re-direction works very well. Recently we
introduced a W2K Terminal server into the environment and
now have these same users receiving re-directed folders in
their Terminal server session as well. We would like a
means to prevent this folder re-direction for users
logging on to the terminal server. i.e. - when log in to
the Terminal server session they do not get a re-directed
desktop, start menu, etc. they simply receive the default
All Users desktop configiured locally on the terminal
server (or even a modified folder re-direction to local
folders on the terminal server itself).
I hope this makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark S
2 answers Last reply
More about folder redirection terminal server users

    Create a loopback policy for the terminal server. By doing this the users
    will not receive the folder redirection policy that they normally receive
    unless you choose the merge option when creating the loopbak policy. Take a
    look at the following link for more info
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q260/3/70.asp&NoWebContent=1

    Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
    Windows 2000 Directory Services

    from your issue.

    "Mark S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We currently utilize folder redirection for users
    > belonging to specific security groups in our native W2K
    > domain. The re-direction works very well. Recently we
    > introduced a W2K Terminal server into the environment and
    > now have these same users receiving re-directed folders in
    > their Terminal server session as well. We would like a
    > means to prevent this folder re-direction for users
    > logging on to the terminal server. i.e. - when log in to
    > the Terminal server session they do not get a re-directed
    > desktop, start menu, etc. they simply receive the default
    > All Users desktop configiured locally on the terminal
    > server (or even a modified folder re-direction to local
    > folders on the terminal server itself).
    > I hope this makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Mark S

    Thanks Tim. Loopback policy for server worked like a
    charm.

    Mark

Microsoft Terminal Server Windows