Remains of Maegel

While playing NWN Gold, I found an area I missed on my first
go-around. On the South Road from Port Llast, there are caves to the
north. The cave to the NW has Brown Bears and a Dire Bear just past
the entrance.

Further in you are accosted by various types of Mephits. There is a
trapped portcullis, and behind that is a corpse of Quavius, who had
been looking for the forgotten legend Maegel. There are notes about a
riddle, and a Potion of Endurance.

Past more Mephits, and you find a well, which if you have an extremely
high CON you can enter and swim to the other side. On the other side
you find the Remains of Maegel.

Fine, but the coffin or sarcophagus or whatever the remains are in, is
locked and I can't open it. Nor can I bash it with any of the weapons
I have: Ruby Crossbow with Bolts of Electricity or Bolts of Fire;
Morningstar +1; Mace of Disruption +2.

Is there any information on this?

Charles L. King
Pearl City, Hawaii

> Fine, but the coffin or sarcophagus or whatever the remains are in, is
> locked and I can't open it. Nor can I bash it with any of the weapons
> I have: Ruby Crossbow with Bolts of Electricity or Bolts of Fire;
> Morningstar +1; Mace of Disruption +2.

There's a chain hanging from the ceiling in that room. Pull it.

Hint: Save first :)

Thank you. While the basic reward is the same, lying does seem to add
to your rewards.

"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote:

>> Fine, but the coffin or sarcophagus or whatever the remains are in, is
>> locked and I can't open it. Nor can I bash it with any of the weapons
>> I have: Ruby Crossbow with Bolts of Electricity or Bolts of Fire;
>> Morningstar +1; Mace of Disruption +2.
>
>There's a chain hanging from the ceiling in that room. Pull it.
>
>Hint: Save first :)

Charles L. King
Pearl City, Hawaii